REOI: The Government of Guyana will be receiving financing from the Inter‐American Development Bank towards the support of Guyana’s evolving energy sector and intends to apply part of the proceeds towards hiring project personnel. The project is divided into three components. The Guyana Energy Agency (GEA) is the executing body for components 1 and 3. In this regard, suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their detailed Expression of Interest for the Project Execution Unit (PEU) as detailed below.
- Project Coordinator
- Applicants are required to have a Master’s degree in Engineering, Energy Science, Economics, Public Policy, Management or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in the following areas: project/program management, program and project analysis and design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting. The consultant’s experience should include work in areas that are relevant to the Program.
The following areas of experience will strengthen the application:
- Experience leading teams;
- Experience working with the public sector on issues such as energy and utility management, renewable energy, rural electrification;
Knowledge and experience implementing projects funded by multilateral institutions.
- Finance Specialist
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Finance, Business Administration or a professional accounting qualification; or five (5) years of experience in accounting/finance equivalent;
Specific training and knowledge in the accounting procedures adopted by any of the multilateral funding agencies (with specific emphasis on the IDB), and GCRG will be considered an asset.
- Monitoring Assistant
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Economics, Engineering, Biology, Business Administration, or equivalent is required.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the areas of Monitoring & Evaluation, Project Management, Environmental studies, renewable energy, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) can be accessed via the GEA’s website at gea.gov.gy or uplifted from the HR Officer at the GEA. Interested consultants must provide information establishing that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.), have the relevant qualifications and experience to carry out the services associated with this consultancy.
Working language of the consultancy will be English, and reports will therefore be presented in that language.
Consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Inter-American Development Bank: Policies for the Selection and Contracting of Consultants financed by the Inter-American Development Bank GN-2350- Individuals recognised from the Bank Member countries will be eligible.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted in sealed envelopes stating on the top right hand corner: “Expression of
Interest for ______ for Guyana Energy Agency.” Submissions must be received no later than 16:30 hours on
February 4, 2019 via email to email@example.com or delivered to the Chief Executive Officer, 295 Quamina Street,
South Cummingsburg, Georgetown.