GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
COOPERATIVE REPUBLIC OF GUYANA
SMALL HYDROPOWER PROJECT
GUYANA ENERGY SECTOR
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Mode of Financing: Installment Sale
Financing No. GUY1015
The Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana has applied for financing in the amount of US$14,630,000.00 equivalent from the Islamic Development Bank towards the cost of the construction and rehabilitation of three small hydropower plants: Moco Moco, Kumu and Ikuribisi, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for goods, works, related services and consulting services to be procured under this project. This project will be jointly financed by the Government of Guyana.
The project will include the following components: (A)Hydropower facilities, (B) Consultancy Service for work supervision, (C) Project Management Unit Support, (D) Financial Audit, (E) Geotechnical Studies, (F) Environmental and Social Management Plan, (G) Land Acquisition. The components of the Project are:
- Component (A): The Works will include:
- Lot (1): EPC contract for the Rehabilitation of a 0.7 MW Moco Moco hydropower plant and facilities, the construction of a new 1.5 MW Kumu hydropower plant and facilities and associated power transmission lines and infrastructure.
- Lot (2): EPC contract for the construction of a new 1MW hydropower plant and facilities at Ikuribisi and associated power transmission lines and infrastructure.
- Component (B): The consultancy services for the design review and site supervision for the three hydropower plants related to component (A).
- Component (C): The Project Management Unit will be composed of technical and administrative staff. The key positions of the Project Management Unit are: (i) The Project Manager, (ii)The Finance/Accounting Specialist, (iii) The Procurement Specialist, (iv) The Hydro/Civil Power Specialist, (v) A Monitoring Assistant, (vi) An Electrical Engineer, (vii) Four (4) Hydropower Engineers, (viii) and Four (4) Technicians/Clerk of Works. This Component is also inclusive of the Procurement of all logistics and IT equipment.
- Component (D): Financial Audit: This component is for an external financial audit of the project during the development of the infrastructures. The auditor will audit the financial situation of the project and verify that all payments are made to the concerned beneficiaries for the components and packages under IsDB financing.
- Component (E): Geotechnical studies and Topographic survey: This component consists of the geotechnical studies and topographic surveys necessary to analyse the project technical specifications.
- Component (F): Environmental and Social Study and Management Plan: The aim of this component is to establish an environment and social impact of the project as well as the management plan of the identified impact as required by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Component (G): Land Acquisition: This component is related to the acquisition of the Land for Hydro plant facilities.
Procurement of contracts financed by the Islamic Development Bank will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the Guidelines for Procurement of Goods, Works and related services under Islamic Development Bank Project Financing (current edition), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the guidelines. Consulting services will be selected in accordance with the Guidelines for the Procurement of Consultant Services under Islamic Development Bank Project Financing April 2019.
- The procurement of Goods will be through National shopping.
- The procurement of works (component A) will be through Open International Completive Bidding (ICB Open).
- The procurement of consultancy services for work supervision (component B) will be through- Quality and Cost based Selection (QCBS) using national short-list.
- The procurement of the Financial Auditor (component D) will be through Least cost selection for Local consultants (LCS/LC).
Specific procurement notices for contracts to be bid under the Islamic Development Bank’s international competitive bidding open to non-member countries (ICB-Open) procedures and for contracts for consultancy services will be announced, as they become available, at the IsDB Website, the United Nations Development Business Website, Guyana Energy Agency Website and in local newspapers.
Interested eligible firms and individuals who would wish to be considered for the provision of goods, works and consulting services for the above-mentioned project, or those requiring additional information, should contact the Beneficiary at the address below:
Guyana Energy Agency
Dr. Mahender Sharma, CEO
295 Quamina Street, South Cummingsburg,