Purpose: To detect incidents of illegal fuel.
Key Output: To identify illegal fuel while ensuring that the integrity of the Fuel Marking Programme is maintained.
- Conduct site visits including rural locations to test for illegal fuel;
- Record data collected;
- Maintain control over samples and evidence collected and surrender to Analyst in order to maintain chain of evidence;
- Verify licence status of sites/vehicles/vessels before testing;
- Report unlicensed sites/vehicles/vessels to Head;
- Assist Marking Officers when instructed;
- Prepare statements for incidents of illegal fuel and related matters;
- Give evidence in court regarding incidents of illegal fuel;
- Maintain security and control of fuel and equipment seized as required; and
- Undertake any other duties and tasks that may be assigned by the Head of Division, the CEO or his nominated representative.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence;
- Reliable and productive;
- Ability to execute instructions;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Meticulous; and
- Computer literate.
Qualifications: 1. Minimum of five (5) subjects CXC (English & Mathematics compulsory) with at least three (3) years’ experience in a similar capacity.