Financing Institution: Inter-American Development Bank
Procurement Type: Works
Country of project (or Beneficiary country): Guyana
Project name: Energy Matrix Diversification and Institutional Strengthening of the Department of Energy (EMISDE)
Loan/Credit/Grant No.: Loan No. 4676/BL-GY, Project No. GY-L1066
Contract/Bid No.: 20/2022/01
During the bidding process for the works indicated above, under the selection method of International Competitive Bidding (ICB), the firms listed below submitted bids. The bid price at opening, the evaluated bid price and their final ranking follow below:
|Bid No.||Name of Bidder||Nationality||Bid Price at bid opening||Evaluated Bid Price|
|1||T#1 Beta Group NV||Suriname||US$66,573,800||US$66,573,800|
|2||T#2 Apan Energy & LG projects Ltd. Group Company and LG Projects Ltd||Trinidad and Tobago and Canada||US$393,967.73||US$393,967.73|
|3||T#3 Cummings Electrical Company Limited||Guyana||US$58,778,730||US$58,778,730|
Rejected Bidder(s): NIL
Name of the bidder
and nationality: NIL
Bid price at bid opening: NIL
Reason(s) for rejection: NIL
Any Bidder is entitled to a debriefing to ascertain the grounds on which its bid was not selected by making a formal request at the address indicated below.
Name of the bidder T#4 Ramoutar & Sons Contracting Services
Contract Price: G$45,044,300
Country of Awarded Guyana
Scope of the contract:
The works are for the Design, Procurement of all materials & specialized equipment, and Construction of 2.0km 13.8 kV, three wire (3W), three phase, bare conductor overhead interconnecting transmission line and a fiber optic communication link for the interconnection of the proposed 0.65 MW Mahdia Solar Farm to MPL’s existing Power Plant and works will include but not be limited to the following:
1. Route clearing, specifically involving the trimming and removal of trees and vegetations.
2. Site survey including route alignment and pole positioning
3. Pole planting and associated works for structures that require guying.
4. Overhead conductor installation inclusive of hardware and stringing of conductors.
5. Overhead fiber optic cable installation inclusive of hardware and stringing of cables.
6. Installation of earth sets inclusive of copper conductor, ground rods and other associated materials required for earthing.
7. Testing and commissioning of both lines.
Date contract signed: September 29, 2022
Commencement Order issued: October 7, 2022
UNDB Reference number: IDB-P911371-01/22
Address: 295 Quamina Street, South Cummingsburg, Georgetown, Guyana
Guyana Energy Agency
Attn: Dr. Mahender Sharma – Chief Executive Officer
Tel: 592-226-0394 ext 203